About Our Organization
Founded in 2014, Airdrie Pride Society celebrates and promotes diversity, equality and full inclusion for LGBTQQIP2SAA+ within The City of Airdrie and Surrounding Areas. Using a thoughtful and collaborative approach, we work passionately to offer programs that provide support and empower our community to be successful today and in the future.
Our Board Structure and Function
Members of the Airdrie Pride Society’s Board of Directors are volunteers elected yearly at our Annual General Meeting. We are a passionate, enthusiastic and working board responsible for governing the organization, overseeing all of its activities, participating in events and contributing to the ongoing growth and success of the organization.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: None
The FUNDRAISING DIRECTOR is an essential member of the Airdrie Pride team who will passionately organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations, grants or other gifts to maximize the support and services that can be offered by the Airdrie Pride Society.
- Work closely with the Executive to develop clear and reachable fundraising goals.
- Develop fundraising strategies, formulates solicitation procedures, and oversees all fundraising activities.
- Identifies new donor bases, directs and coordinates solicitation of funds. Acts as liaison with funding partners and organizations.
- Leads grant-writing efforts through municipal, provincial and federal avenues
- 8-10 hours/month
- 4 formal board meetings per year
- Background in fund development will be considered an asset
- Experience in grant writing and proposals will be considered an asset
- Strong passion for making change in your community
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working with the next generation of amazing humans
- Successful candidate is required to pass a vulnerable sector police check
Please review the role description above and send us a paragraph summarizing why you are interested in joining the Airdrie Pride Society. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us, and we will be happy to work with you to meet your needs.